Recently a client asked me how to upload a video to their business page so I thought it would be helpful to share with all of you.
Refresher – How to Access Your Facebook Page
First of all, don’t forget you need to be signed into Facebook as an individual to access your Facebook business page. You should be able to see your Facebook page when you click on the dropdown arrow next to the question mark at the top right of Facebook.
In the example below you can see my profile picture for my personal Facebook account and then my business, Vancouver Mysteries, in the dropdown. Click on your page and Facebook will take you there.
How to Upload a Video to Your Facebook Page
Here is a link to step-by-step instructions for how to upload or edit a video on your Facebook page.
I tested them out and here are some additional tips for you:
- If you don’t see Publishing Tools at the top of your business page as shown in the instructions, look for a dropdown that says ‘more’ (example below).
- Make sure you fill out the description (think about using keywords to describe the content, your business, etc).
- In fact, it’s a good practice to just fill out every field Facebook presents you – it gives them more information to work with and also I believe it rewards you when you give it the information it requests.
- Once your video is uploaded you will receive a notification from Facebook.
- Your videos will show up on your page in a tab called videos or in the featured area of your page – this may depend on which page template you are using.
- You can select a featured video and create playlists. Here is an example of what this look like on the Vancouver Mysteries page.