What is Google Search Console?
Google Search Console used to be known as Google Webmasters and is located at www.google.com/webmasters.
Why Should Your Website Have a Google Search Console Account?
- it’s free
- it helps you monitor how your site is performing in Google search results
- it shows you what Google sees when it crawls your site
- it provides guidance about how to optimize your site’s presence in Google search results (for example: you will receive messages from Google with tips, be notified of errors, and they even check for malware/security issues)
It is easy to add new users so that they can view and analyze your website’s traffic in Google Analytics. Here are step by step instructions if you want to provide a team member or a service provider with access to your Google Analytics account.
*You don’t have to sign up for Google Search Console to be included in Google search results, but we highly recommend it. In fact, we include this with every website project as part of our SEO Starter Package.
Adding A User to Google Search Console
1. Go to google.com/webmasters and click on the blue sign in button at the top right:
2. After you have signed in, you may have to select which property you want to add a user t0.
(If you only have one property added to Search Console, you might already be inside that account and you can skip this step.)
3. Click on the cog (flower-shaped icon) at the top right of the screen and then click on Users and Property Owners option in the dropdown.
3. Enter the email address you want to add, and choose the permissions level.
If you want to add a user (restricted has view-only rights, while a full access user can also take some actions).