For many of us, Facebook plays a big part in our social and professional lives. Like any online account, it is important to make sure it is secure. When you forget your password, Facebook walks you through several steps to confirm your account has not been compromised. This is a valuable ‘check up’ you can use at any time – accessible when you click on the ‘forgot your password’ link on the login page.
Did you know you can give your Facebook account a check up? It will:
- log you out of all devices
- list recent activity so you can make sure no one else has had access to your account
- list recent apps added (I had one that I did not authorize! It wasn’t malicious but it did change my opinion about the company’s business practices…)
- list payment information linked to your account
- ensure you change your password with a ‘strong’ rating
- provide an opportunity for you to confirm that the emails and phone number associated with your account are current
Instructions to access this feature in Facebook:
- Log out
- Click ‘forgot password’
- Verify your account.
- Follow the steps.